Xymogen's SAM-e provides the body with S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAMe), a molecule that is naturally formed in the body. SAMe is a methyl donor, which means that it helps to transfer methyl groups between molecules. This process is essential for many important functions in the body, including:
- Biochemical reactions requiring methyl groups. SAMe is involved in a wide variety of biochemical reactions that require methyl groups. These reactions include the synthesis of DNA, RNA, and proteins, as well as the breakdown of homocysteine.
- Neurotransmitter synthesis and healthy mood. SAMe is involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters, such as dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine. These neurotransmitters play a role in mood, sleep, and pain perception.
- Conversion of homocysteine to glutathione. Homocysteine is an amino acid that can build up in the body and damage cells. SAMe helps to convert homocysteine to glutathione, an antioxidant that can protect cells from damage.
- Liver health and function. SAMe is important for liver health and function. It helps to protect the liver from damage and can help to improve liver function in people with liver disease.
- Joint comfort. SAMe may also help to relieve joint pain and inflammation.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule daily, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving:
S-adenosyl-L-methionine (as Adomix S-adenosyl-L-methionine disulfate p-toluenesulfonate) 200 mg
HPMC (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, ascorbyl palmitate, calcium oxide, silica, and calcium chloride anhydrous.
Does Not Contain:
Wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, animal or dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial preservatives.
Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Use special caution in individuals with bipolar disorder.
Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.